Festival of Nations Gift & Craft Booth Vendor Information
Date: August 28, 2021
Festival & Booth Operation Time: 11 am – 8 pm
Location: 9 Mile Garden, 9375 Gravois Rd., Affton MO 63123
3 Types of Booths Available
- Ethnic Gift Booths – Vendor and majority of booth workers are of the ethnicity being represented and all merchandise being sold is representative of the designated ethnicity.
- Fair Trade Gift Booths – All merchandise being sold is fair trade
- Hand-made Crafts Gift Booths – All items sold must be hand-made by the vendor
Priority for booth spaces will be given to Ethnic Gift Booths.
There are limited booth spaces available. Applications will be accepted through August 20 or until all booth spaces are filled.
Applications will be accepted in-person, on-line, or mailed. If paying on-line, an additional 3% fee will be charged for credit card transaction fees.
For consideration, all applications must be completely filled out including the items sold section, and be paid in full. If this is your first time applying, you will need to submit pictures of the items you want to sell.
Submission of an application and payment does not guarantee participation! Your participation is not guaranteed until you receive an e-mailed confirmation, which will usually occur within 1 week of application.
The Festival of Nations Committee reserves the right to deny participation to any applicant or to cancel any vendor’s participation without explanation or recourse.
Contract & Payment Information
For 2021 Only
- This year only, we will not limit the number of booths by ethnicity.
- No security deposit
- Booth fees must be paid in full when application is submitted.
- No booth meeting
- Location is at 9 Mile Garden, 9375 Gravois Rd., Affton MO 63123
One booth space is 10’ x 10’ the rate of $250 and corner booths (defined as a booth space with 2 sides available for display) are $275 (limited number available). Vendors may rent a maximum of 2 spaces, as needed.
Booths must not exceed their defined space. In other words, all signs, decorations, items for sale and volunteers must not spread outside the designated booth area into bazaar common space. Please keep this in mind when determining the number of individuals needed to staff your booth. We find that having 1 or 2 individuals staffing your booth at any given time is sufficient.
No electricity is available at this event.
All vendors are required to provide their own booth displays including all tables, chairs, and tents. The International Institute does not provide any of these items.
You are responsible for paying sales tax.
Set-up information will be sent after acceptance.
- There are no rain checks. There are no refunds in the event of inclement conditions such as rain.
- Participants will be turned away, without refund, if the content of their booth was inadequately described or misrepresented on the application or inappropriate for the festival audience.
- Booth assignments are made at the total discretion of the Festival of Nations committee, designed to create a diverse layout for visitors.
- Vendors are responsible for supplying personal trash bags/cans. Vendors must keep the area inside and around their booths clean and tidy.
- You are required to remove all trash from your booth space, including empty boxes.
The following items are not allowed:
- Maps, flags or flag-like items, or names of countries on signage or booth decorations, including reproductions on clothing or objects, to be displayed or sold. Only the name of the culture from a given area may be used, e.g. “Irish,” not “Ireland.”
- Symbols, slogans, or logos of a political, religious or provocative nature
- No materials of a political nature, advocating any candidate or political stand, orientation, etc., shall be distributed or displayed.
- No materials which promote religious beliefs or practices may be displayed or distributed.
- No music can be played in any booth; music will be provided.
- No signs indicating sales, discounts or low prices are permitted.
- No travel posters with commercial advertisements are allowed.
- No weapons such as decorative knives, whips, guns, clubs, nun-chucks or swords can be sold.
- No lotteries, drawings or similar games of chance, except those operated by the International Institute.
- No projectiles (an object that is fired, thrown or otherwise projected or objects that are self-propelled, such as rockets) can be sold or distributed, including boomerangs and Frisbees.
- No drug symbols or drug paraphernalia can be displayed or sold.
- No fortune telling, palm reading or activities of such nature are permitted.
- Only prepackaged candy or food can be sold.
Health & Safety
- Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, the International Institute reserves the right to put in place additional guidelines for this event, including but not limited to requiring masks. In such case, all vendors will be notified.
- If the event is canceled because of COVID-19, you will be notified immediately of the decision and we will issue a full refund for the booth space.
The day of the festival, the management reserves the right to close any booth for non-compliance with Festival of Nations rules or for disruptive behavior, as defined solely by the Director. Such cancellation will be without recourse. Depending on the circumstances, the rental fees may or may not be refunded. At the discretion of the Festival of Nations Committee, groups can be barred from participation in future years, depending on the extent of non-compliance or abuse of the rules.
Disclaimers: While the Festival of Nations committee anticipates a successful event and good attendance, the committee makes no representations or guarantees, express or implied that a certain minimum number of people will attend, or that vendors will be able to generate certain minimum revenue.
Contract & Payment Information
We depend on generous gifts from supporters of the festival to ensure that the work of the International Institute of St. Louis continues, especially now during the COVID-19 pandemic when the need is greater and resources are less.