Kick-Off: World Refugee Day Celebration
Saturday, June 19
11 am – 6 pm (2-hour ticketed time slots)
Location: International Institute’s parking lot (3401 Arsenal)
Timed-ticket Registration (required for entry): register here.
Join us in recognition of World Refugee Day, an international day designated by the United Nations to honor refugees around the globe. Together we heal, learn and shine.
- Enjoy global wines provided by Total Wine & More, Italian Ice from Sia’s, Sedara Food Truck (serving Middle Eastern cuisine, baklava, and ice cream), and picnic boxes featuring international treats supplied by St. Louis area caterers.
- Learn about refugees with a fun activity organized by IISTL’s Young Friends volunteers
- Participate in a Community Art Project
- Watch live performances of music from around the world
- Enter multiple raffles and win prizes for you and your family
Please note that masks will be required at all times in high-traffic areas when not eating/drinking (adults and children 4 years and older).
Hand sanitizer and sanitation wipes will be provided throughout the event space.
To allow for social distancing, free timed-ticket registration is required for entry.
Schedule of Events
|11:30||Kick-off; Refugee Story|
Irish Music with Eileen Gannon & Robert Ryan
|1:30||Refugee Story and Raffle Drawing|
Missouri River Whailers
|3:30||Refugee Story and Raffle Drawing|
|5:30||Raffle Drawing and Closing|
We depend on generous gifts from supporters of the festival to ensure that the work of the International Institute of St. Louis continues, especially now during the COVID-19 pandemic when the need is greater and resources are less.